The Austin A40 was a range of vehicles built by the Austin Motor Company in Longbridge England from 1946 till 1956. The range became part of the British Motor Corporation (BMC) line up after Austin and the Nuffield Organisation owners of the Morris marque merged in 1952.
A40 line up
The following vehicle models were sold under the Austin A40 name:
- 1947–1950 Austin A40 Dorset 2-door saloon.
- 1947–1952 Austin A40 Devon 4-door saloon.
- 1947–1956 Austin A40 Countryman 2-door estate car.
- 1947–1956 Austin A40 Van 2-door panel van.
- 1947–1956 Austin A40 Pick-up 2-door pick-up truck.
- 1948–195? Austin A40 Tourer 2-door, four passenger tourer built in Australia.
- 19??–19?? Austin A40 Coupe Utility 2-door coupe utility, produced in Australia.
- 1950–1953 Austin A40 Sports 2-door, four passenger convertible with twin-carburettors and aluminium bodyshell.
- 1952–1954 Austin A40 Somerset 4-door saloon and 2-door convertible.
- 1954–1956 Austin A40 Cambridge 4-door saloon.
- 1958–1967 Austin A40 Farina 2-door saloon/hatchback.